Anyone In (South) Wales do Rimfire shooting ?

Lloyd90

Was wondering if anyone in South Wales did any rimfire shooting with .22 or .17 ?

I hoping to get into shooting now but was hoping for some advice and/or land tips from any experienced people.

appreciate any help :no:

If i can be of any help, pm me :good:

would be great to get some help. Where did you guys start off and where did you get your first rifle ?

Any tips on what I NEED to get BEFORE I apply for a FAC ? I thought I needed a safe installed BEFORE but it appears now I can do that after. Appreciate any help you can give :good:

Also where do you shoot in S.Wales ? Anywhere near Kenfig ? I know St.Brides is used for some shotgun shooting anywhere near ?

Appreciate any help.

Edited by Bigthug87

would be great to get some help. Where did you guys start off and where did you get your first rifle ?

Any tips on what I NEED to get BEFORE I apply for a FAC ? I thought I needed a safe installed BEFORE but it appears now I can do that after. Appreciate any help you can give :good:

Also where do you shoot in S.Wales ? Anywhere near Kenfig ? I know St.Brides is used for some shotgun shooting anywhere near ?

Appreciate any help.

I live in Tredegar and do most of my shooting on the outskirts of Abergavenny.

You can install a gunsafe after your security visit if necessary, most people buy and install before as it saves times on the process of the application but when the FEO comes to visit if one isn't installed they can advise on the best place to install it.

The only thing you really need to get before applying for FAC is permitted land to shoot on, then you can apply and rest will come in due course. I have come to realise than becoming a member of a shooting club is also very valuable and is seen as a responsible attitude towards shooting of you're new to firearms, there are several clubs in the area - Barry Shooting Centre(aka The Tunnel), Severnside Range and Senghenydd Range to name a few. HTH

Edited by taffygun

Appreciate any help.

As Taffy has said, first off you must have Good Reason to have your a FAC, Target shooting/Pest Control/deer stalking.

Then you need to decide what calibre is best suited to your needs.(A whole can of worms :angry: )

What experience do you have with shooting??

Ive done Air Rifle shooting for a few years and mostly plinking. Had a very top of the range springer air rifle that has in the past been used in the olympics.

Unfortunately it belonged to my great uncle who had it since stolen from him. :good:

Its a shame how people will take advantage of the elderly.

Anyways, I live next to a large golf course and theres another just down the road. From what other people have said it appears most golf courses have no problems with people shooting the rabbits as they are a pest.

This is the Firearms page from my Local Gunshop where I normally get my springer stuff from and would most prob be getting ym ammo.

http://www.keenstackleandguns.co.uk/catalo...earms-81-1.html

Would you suggest a semi or bolt to start ? Im 18 years old and keen to get into this BUT I do play for a rugby club aswell and am unsure how much time I would have to spend at a shooting club or how strict they would be.

Appreciate any tips and help guy :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am living at Port Talbot, which is very near to your location. The Port Talbot Rifle and Pistol Shooting Club may be worth a visit; email (PM) me for details :-) if you wish.

I have insurance for my Webley Raider PCP and am hoping to get permissions soon, applying for my FAC after the six months probationary at the shooting club, which holds a lot of weight to an FAC application.

Added via edit: Perhaps I should have mentioned, there are quite a few guys in the club who rough shoot with rimfire in a number of calibres.

Hope this may help,

Tyger

Edited by Tyger

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi

I dont live far from you i am in porthcawl there is a good rim fire club at Tondu if you ask in keens guns they will give you a contact number. I started off here before getting land as they will give you good advise on saftey and how to shoot. This will be a big help to get you FAC, if you require some rough shooting i am always looking for a shooting partner and have a total of 17 farms and land i shoot on over brecon, usk, glyn neath pm me.

David

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...