slow cold bag

went out sunday at about 11 am checked a feild 4 sum crows, NOT A BIRD IN SIGHT. so we went of to check a rape feild an spoted a few birds on it, so it was either set up or go home. so we set up on a hedge row hopping 4 the best an after a few mins some birds started coming in. it was very slow and very very cold. total bag after 3 hours between me alex and alan was 32 an we decided to pack up b4 it got to wet. better than nothin.lol

Nearly 11 birds each ,not a bad average at the moment as far as i am concerned . The biggest bag i have had in the last couple of weeks has been 8 . But i shall endevour to have another go tomorrow .My big problem at the moment is the birds seem to have left the rape and are following the seed drill around .Shall try a field of drilled barley . Harnser

harnser pigeons were hitting the rape hard today in mid N Norfolk . I put large flocks off several fields , but as always big flocks can be difficult . Never the less got 34 . The came in well to a magnet some locking on from 1\4 a mile away. Out again in the morning so hoping there will be a bit of wind. I was roost shooting on Saterday and all the birds were stuffed with rape.

Edited by anser2

harnser pigeons were hitting the rape hard today in mid N Norfolk . I put large flocks off several fields , but as always big flocks can be difficult . Never the less got 34 . The came in well to a magnet some locking on from 1\4 a mile away. Out again in the morning so hoping there will be a bit of wind. I was roost shooting on Saterday and all the birds were stuffed with rape.

Thanks for the tip anser 2 .I have been suffering large flocks coming intogether one shot and off they go onto the drilled cereals .Did try the drilled barley the other day ,shot 4 and away to the rape they went .Its all very fraustrating but something us pigeon shooters get used to .Any how you must be getting some of my birds if you are mid north norfolk , i am around the marsham hevingham area . Harnser .

i agree went up to kings lynn last week on a welding course, sat nav took me the back roads and most of the feilds being rape or drilling were stuffed full of the flying rats.