Shotgun Cert, change of address question

AdamC

Hi all, it has been a long time witout a post from me, but as you may guess from the title, we finally moved house.

My question relates to my SGC and the change of address. I advised my local FEO I was moving and he told me to write to the issuing Force HQ and inform them of the move. I did this and a week or so later they sent a new SGC with the address ammended. They also included a form to complete relating to security at the property and where the gun was stored ect.

The strange thing is there was nothing listed under the Shot guns Transferred section. I only have one gun which was purchased from a FRO, The Oxford Gun Company. When I bought it, Shirely said she would sent all the paperwork off as they in the same issuing force and blokes always forget to do that sort of thing.

Should I expect to see my gun listed in this section on the new license? Do I need to complete it myself? Do I assume, the force have not been notified of the transfer, and complete a transfer form and send it back?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

Having a bit of trouble grasping this, and where Shirley fits into the plot.

All of the guns that you own should be listed in; table 1, Shotguns possessed.

If the gun that you bought is not listed here, you should contact your area HQ. The dealer that you purchased the gun from should have notified your area HQ, and made an entry in table 2 of your certificate and part 3 of the register.

You should have notified your area HQ within 7 days of the transaction also, i.e. your HQ has had two letters confirming the transfer.

Bob, your right! I have opened my eyes and can now see my gun listed under Table 1. Sorry all for wasting your time, must have been all the plaster dust in my eyes and power tools ringing in my ears that caused me to loose the plot!

For the record, Shirley said she would send everything off for me and printed out a transfer form which I signed. I did double check with her at the time that there was absolutely nothing I needed to do, and she confirmed this. Turns out she was telling the truth. Sorry OGC for ever doubting you.

if theyve sent off the forms,and you ve sent off the forms,and it hasnt been written in on your new ticket,just write the details in your self. could allways ring firearms dept and ask them have they recieved the paperwork to say that your the new owner of the gun,if they have your fine,maybe ticket was written out before paperwork reached them. ;)

Bob, your right! I have opened my eyes and can now see my gun listed under Table 1. Sorry all for wasting your time, must have been all the plaster dust in my eyes and power tools ringing in my ears that caused me to loose the plot!

For the record, Shirley said she would send everything off for me and printed out a transfer form which I signed. I did double check with her at the time that there was absolutely nothing I needed to do, and she confirmed this. Turns out she was telling the truth. Sorry OGC for ever doubting you.

The form that you signed would have been your notification to HQ, very nice of them to do it for you.

No probs Adam, now if we can just do a deal re Shirleys phone number and vital statistics........