Homemade Rests

HEAD OR NOTHING

Hi everyone

Got a mate coming down to the coutnry this weekend to do some shooting and fishing :P

But he hasnt really shot before :good: so obviouslly not going to get him going at live quarry this weekend unless he is like naturully gifted :welcomeani: but i have a Weirauch 35 that he can use. Its quite heavy so what would a good rest be that wouldnt have too much effect on the zero when being shot without the rest afterwards ? (i.e something soft )

any help thanked :hmm:

its a springer by the way

fill up a hessian sack with sand and tie rap the opening .. i use them for practise n they work fine.

Cheers

No way!!

You really want sand in the workings of your toys? Sand in a hessian sack means sand in/on your gun, mixed with gun oil, and you have one of the best grinding pastes available.

Make one out of wood, polyurethane, spare wheel, bag of potatoes, anything but sandbags. "Sandbags" as used in benchrest shooting are not filled with sand. If they are they are not made of hessian, that has holes in it the size of sand grains. Lead shot is probably the most popular filling. Mine is full of tights, stuffed in tightly, it makes it light and mobile.

• 2 weeks later...