which hand held lamp

jammy1800

For rimfire rifles, .22lr, .17HMR etc. the Lightforce 140 lance. For centrefire rifles (OR if you intend to upgrade to a centrefire rifle later on), .223 etc. then go Lightforce 170 Striker. You can choose to get a dimmer for these lamps, I have for mine and they're very useful if you know how to employ them properly. Also, if you do get a Striker you can downgrade the bulb from 75w to 50w, plenty good enough to shoot using a decent scope out to 250 yards, possibly 300 depending on conditions etc.

:good:

For rimfire rifles, .22lr, .17HMR etc. the Lightforce 140 lance. For centrefire rifles (OR if you intend to upgrade to a centrefire rifle later on), .223 etc. then go Lightforce 170 Striker. You can choose to get a dimmer for these lamps, I have for mine and they're very useful if you know how to employ them properly. Also, if you do get a Striker you can downgrade the bulb from 75w to 50w, plenty good enough to shoot using a decent scope out to 250 yards, possibly 300 depending on conditions etc.

:good::good:

yep LF 170, I have two, a scope mount and hand held dont get on with the red filter so green and orange work for me

Same here, I found the red filter cut the light down way too much for my liking, hence the dimmer.

:oops: There's a few calling me stupid lately, I'm starting to develop a complex about it :stupid:

:good::good::good:

Stop, you'll make me cry soon ???:P

yep LF 170, I have two, a scope mount and hand held dont get on with the red filter so green and orange work for me

Same here, I found the red filter cut the light down way too much for my liking, hence the dimmer.

:P There's a few calling me stupid lately, I'm starting to develop a complex about it :lol:

:good::good::good:

Stop, you'll make me cry soon :lol: :lol:

:oops::stupid:???

Yep, I have to agree about the red filter cutting the light down too much, it restricts the range and identification, I also find the dimmer too fiddly, I just keep the light low so that I can only see the eyes untill ready to fire.