Pellets for BSA Comet

Rob Davies

It depends on your own gun, there was a post recently to an on line shop where you can small packs of lots of different makes to try them out. Differne pellets of the sam ecalibre can have very sifferent wieghts, as well as aeordynamic properties. Systematic tesing is the only way to find out really.

I mean to get some to find out what my lightning likes best. Once I can find the link again.

The other approach is to set yourself a goal of 3 shots inside a one inch circle at your maximum hunting range, then work through pellets till you come across a make that lets you do it.

http://www.pellpax.co.uk/acatalog/Pellpax_SAmple_Packs.html

Springers generally perform best with lighter pellets. AA Field, Mozzie express and JSB's are all very good pellets - but as has been said all barrels are different and you need to shoot some groups to see which work best in your gun.

Round heads are most stable in flight, and give the greatest penetration at anything greater than point-blank range.

The Bisleys are a really well made pellet, and being heavy give plenty of whack if your hunting with .177.

Personly I prefer the lighter pellets for their flatter trajectory - Mozzie Express are amazing in my .177 S410 carbine, only dropping half an inch at 50 yards :lol:

Pellet choice for me comes down to what I'm using it for (target or pest control) and what I've found groups best in the gun I'm using. This probably explains why I've more than 50 tins of pellets in my shooting cupboard! :yp:

as said, it comes down to what suits your gun.

My .177 suprsport performs best with AAfields and H&N field target trophies.

I would stay away from BSA pellets if I were you!

What calibre is your Comet?

Edited by Toby