mm.. Just starting got a gun missed lot of pigeons..Chokes?

• 3 weeks later...

Assuming you can shoot straight and handle a gun properly the DO NOTHING until you've patterned your gun. Try using different chokes and different cartridges then find the best combination and stick with it. You'll be very suprised by the different results. Oh and BTW I take it your gun is a S/S a light game gun yes? Then don't use too heavy a load in it or you'll find muzzle flip comes into play on your second shot. Best advice to any novice shooter is...go spend some money on lessons from a recognised pro and not just once!

• 2 weeks later...

Do not worry whatsoever about missing six shots out of six. Pigeons are notoriously difficult (considerably more so than hand thrown clays)!

On my first pigeon shooting outing I was on a flight line that was better than any I have ever been under since and rattled off 75 cartridges for exactly zero pigeons!

I was out last weekend and it took me six or seven shots before I got warmed up and connected with the first bird!

Just keep practicing with one gun and take professional advice with regard to fit and mounting etc.... sounds like you might be onto a winner with the L/H stock though.

Best of luck.

Gb