Bit of a problem

nige36

Hay guys,

whilst out this afternoon i had with me my miroku s/s after the first several shots everything was fine but then,when i fired the non choke barrel first i couldnt fire the choke barrel after,the back trigger just wouldnt fire,the first time it happened i thought maybe it was my fault and id slid the safety back with out realising id done it and thats what had caused it,but then it happened again,right barrel fine but no choke barrel.I took the cartridges out and put two spent ones in and tried it and it fired fine both barrels,but it wouldnt with live cartidges,its never happened before and im at a bit of a loss as to what could be causing it,any ideas ?

Problem with the safety?? Vibration making it safe instead of live :unsure:??

Internaly perhaps,after the second time of this happening i checked the safety and it was off untill i slid it back,but even tho it was off the 2nd barrel would not fire.

I had this problem/still have with a S/S I've had for a while, it's a broken firing pin.

Mines the left/full choke barrel....if I fire the right barrel first, I cannot fire the left, but if I fire the left first, I can fire the right,

Left barrel firing pin is broke in half, the recoil must restrict the left barrel from firing some how, haven't got round to sorting it yet,

Hope it helps,

BJ.

Does the firing pin, ( if that's the problem ) stick out when the gun is cocked ? or, tipping the barrels down over, does one of the pins protrude out of the breach face ?

That's what mine does, cannot sort it till I get a disc set striker tool to remove the broken pin,

Strip it down & have a look,

BJ.

Does the firing pin, ( if that's the problem ) stick out when the gun is cocked ? or, tipping the barrels down over, does one of the pins protrude out of the breach face ?

That's what mine does, cannot sort it till I get a disc set striker tool to remove the broken pin,

Strip it down & have a look,

BJ.

No mate no pins protrude the breach face wen tipped up.