How to make a partridge pen.

Good morning everyone

Could anyone help me i have just been given quite a bit of land. And as it was left too late realy to get everything organised for a shoot this year i am just gonna put a few birds down just for me and a few freinds. This year i have already got a pheasant pen built up their allready which was previously there just needs a bit of work but can someone send me some diagrams and sizes of how too make a descent partridge pen and how many birds to whatever size it is. And also diagrams on how to build a pheasant pen step to step guide for both partridge pen and pheasant pen. But i cant find any diagrams anywhere on the internet someone please help lol.

Thanks

Edited by Game rearer

If you are a BASC member contact the game keeping department, they used to to put such plans in the post on request. Its a few years since I asked but I assume they will still do that for you.

Its not too late to put birds down. Partridge pens are normally constructed from 10ft sections which can be knocked up quite quickly, you will need some soft roof netting so that they do not damage themselves if they get startled. In fact I remember frantically building pen sections in the morning before the delivery of poults that afternoon!

If you are a BASC member contact the game keeping department, they used to to put such plans in the post on request. Its a few years since I asked but I assume they will still do that for you.

Its not too late to put birds down. Partridge pens are normally constructed from 10ft sections which can be knocked up quite quickly, you will need some soft roof netting so that they do not damage themselves if they get startled. In fact I remember frantically building pen sections in the morning before the delivery of poults that afternoon!

We put a baffle system in as well, stops them building up a head of steam and breaking there necks!

PARTRIDGE_PEN_DESIGN.doc

Hope this helps mate it is a bit basic but will give you the basic design idea. we have various size pens like this movable with either two or four people, simple enough to build

main frame built using 3 x 2 timbers

outer timber anything will do old pallets, out you like.

overall basic small pen size approximately ten foot by four foot wide, will hold a couple of dozen birds

give them a good coat of wood protector and let them weather in before putting any birds in

will try and get a few pictures up to give you a better idea

john

Edited by JDFrain