Henry 17 HMR varmiter underlever rifle wanted

Evilv

Hey thanks for that Rabbithunter. Sorry for not replying earlier, I just found this today. Very interesting and confirms that I will probably be getting one. Only thing I would change about it if I could would be that the receiver was made out of case hardened steel with that kind of lovely blueing that gives. I'm a bit put off by the painted nature of the receiver, but the damned thing works well, and I like the shape, so that will have to do for now. I could see if they do the GoldenBoy in 17hmr, but I doubt they do. I won't have it moderated though. Would ruin the looks, and I expect that the bullet crack is so loud the muzzle report won't frighten them any more than the crack of the supersonic bullet. If I want 'quiet' I can have it with the cz and subs. This is for style and longer shots.

Edited by Evilv

I'm actually toying with the idea of selling on the cz452 and getting one of the octagon barrel, frontier models as well as the varminter express. To be honest, I reckon I could shoot a rabbit at 50 yards with open sights every time anyway and this .22lr is really nice in my opinion.

h001t_leveroctagon_lg.jpg

radio1ham - I'm noticing that noise is not such a deterrent for most of my rabbiting, and with sub sonic ammo the report is tiny anyway. The cz with a mod is quieter than an airgun and the thwack of the rabbit being struck is FAR louder than the unmoded shot. The rabbits usually don't even notice even that right nearby.

Edited by Evilv

i had one of those in .22 cracking little gun only thing wrong with the one i had it wasnt threaded for sound moderator

yeh but were i shoot there is also horses and farmer not want them to get spooked other wise if i spook the horses and they bolt off onto other lands crossings roads id be in deep ****

I'm actually toying with the idea of selling on the cz452 and getting one of the octagon barrel, frontier models as well as the varminter express. To be honest, I reckon I could shoot a rabbit at 50 yards with open sights every time anyway and this .22lr is really nice in my opinion.

radio1ham - I'm noticing that noise is not such a deterrent for most of my rabbiting, and with sub sonic ammo the report is tiny anyway. The cz with a mod is quieter than an airgun and the thwack of the rabbit being struck is FAR louder than the unmoded shot. The rabbits usually don't even notice even that right nearby.

sorry click wrong quote earlier

hi but were i shoot there is horses and not wanting to spook them when they in feilds in the good weather not so bad in winter months as they in stables

but all the same they are a cracking little rifle which can hold 16 rounds in .22 nice and light aswell to carry around all day

sorry click wrong quote earlier

hi but were i shoot there is horses and not wanting to spook them when they in feilds in the good weather not so bad in winter months as they in stables

but all the same they are a cracking little rifle which can hold 16 rounds in .22 nice and light aswell to carry around all day

Ah - yes I see.

I shoot on a place with a lot of horses too. They don't generally seem that frisky though when I shoot off a stinger and they are loudish without the mod on.

Anyway - The variation came through (on the phone - it will be posted out in a short while) so I bought a new Winchester 9417 I found on Guntrader.

I had the 9422 in WMR twenty some years ago so I know the gun and they are excellent. I like this better than the Henry's because they are steel receivers rather than alloy. They stopped making these in 2005 and I didn't expect to be able to find one at a sensible price.

winchesterwm3.jpg