Anyone shooting at Wedgenock want to help a newbie?

pbickerd

Hi all,

I have been lurking on these forums for a while and finally got round to registering.

I am totally new to shooting, ive been wanting to get into it for ages and about a month ago I put in my shotgun cert application. It came through pretty quick, I bought myself a nice gun (Miroku MK38 Sporting Teague) and I have started going to Wedgenock.

Only been twice so far including today, I also had a lesson there just to make sure I was holding the right end of the gun :good:

I've only done SportTrap there so far, not so great at it though. Had two goes last week and one this week. Came out with 9/25 and 11/25 :D

I have been trying to talk a mate into going but his missus wont let him out so I have been going on my own. Was wondering if any of you guys shoot there and would be willing to throw a few tips my way and just bust a few clays :hmm:

Thanks

-Paul

Edited by pbickerd

Hi Paul,

We were at Wedgenock on Sunday, usually go every couple of weeks, and you're welcome to come round with us next time we're there

if you like.

One general piece of advice though.....

Get a few rounds of Skeet in before you attempt the Compact or Sporting, you'll learn more from Skeet with the repeatable angles etc etc.

Practice makes perfect pal, keep at it.... get a few lessons, its cheaper in the long run, as when you pull the trigger you want to be hitting the target, rather than wasting money punching holes in fresh air....

I Have only been on the shottie's for about 5months now, my first lesson and first time shooting a shotgun i shocked the instructor hitting 21 out of 25, beginers luck i suppose as the 2nd lesson i only got 7 :good:

However progression is a wonderful thing as slowly but steadily you will notice yourself getting better, just keep filling out your score cards and keep at it :hmm:

Hi Paul,

We were at Wedgenock on Sunday, usually go every couple of weeks, and you're welcome to come round with us next time we're there

if you like.

One general piece of advice though.....

Get a few rounds of Skeet in before you attempt the Compact or Sporting, you'll learn more from Skeet with the repeatable angles etc etc.

Thanks Browning. You are not the first person to recommend practicing with the skeet. I think I will have to give it a go next time I am there. I really appreciate the offer to let me go arround with you guys. Let me know next time you are going and I may well take you up on it. I havent dared try the Sporting there yet, only the SportTrap. As I mentioned in my original post I came out with 9/25 and 11/25. How would you rate the sporttrap there? That number 5 is horrible, I'm yet to hit it. Do you the sportTrap there is pretty easy? Hard?

Practice makes perfect pal, keep at it.... get a few lessons, its cheaper in the long run, as when you pull the trigger you want to be hitting the target, rather than wasting money punching holes in fresh air....

I Have only been on the shottie's for about 5months now, my first lesson and first time shooting a shotgun i shocked the instructor hitting 21 out of 25, beginers luck i suppose as the 2nd lesson i only got 7 :good:

However progression is a wonderful thing as slowly but steadily you will notice yourself getting better, just keep filling out your score cards and keep at it :hmm:

Ice - Thanks for the words of encouragement. I had one lesson which went pretty well, the instructor suggested I get out and practice on my own for a bit, get used to handling the gun and find my feet then get another lesson slightly further down the line. Hopefully this Sunday I can have a go on the skeet, if that will help me progress, thats what I think I need to do.

Thanks again guys,

Paul

I'm going every week (sunday) at the moment.

Went today, tried skeet for the first time (see other post).

If you want to feel good about your scores one week let me know :good: I'm not going on the sporting at the moment. Ive only been 3 times, first two times were sport trap x2 and this week was skeet x2. I'm going to stick with skeet for the next few weeks as I think it will really help me out.