Hawk Varmint 6-24X44

pavman

looks like the white tale classic has had its day and will not stay zero, local gunshop recomends Hawk Varmint 6-24X44 to mount on the Sako Quad .17HMR as the supply outfit (Deben) are near and handy so any problems can be quickly sorted, they say "a cracking scope for the money" any body have one?

I have the target 6-24x50 bought off here and find it very good holds its zero and quite useable at the higher magnifications in daytime conditions. Should be ok for lamping however i've never used it at that. Have been shooting at dusk and it is hard to use even at the lower mags

Al around a very good scope for the money maid 70 for mine second hand

I have one on my CZ Varmint and it's a pretty good scope. One issue I do have with it is the PX adjust being on the objective. It's a bit annoying _sometimes_. To be honest, I leave it set at about 150m all the time and live with it.

rrrr gald you pointed that out wookie suspect i may feel the same, are all Hawk scopes like that as the other on offer is the "MAP Pro"

I thought about the MAP Pro, but got talked out of it as a "gimmick".

Simple is good in my book and I went fr something that just works. Mind you, it still doesn't stop me thining about the Nikko-Sterling range or the MTCs. If I had the money and could really be bothered to, I'd change it to the Viper. But that would mean new mounts, re-zeroing.... You get the idea.

Laziness is a terrible burden.

I thought about the MAP Pro, but got talked out of it as a "gimmick".

Simple is good in my book and I went fr something that just works. Mind you, it still doesn't stop me thining about the Nikko-Sterling range or the MTCs. If I had the money and could really be bothered to, I'd change it to the Viper. But that would mean new mounts, re-zeroing.... You get the idea.

Laziness is a terrible burden.

am i the only one that likes to zero rifles in :lol::good:

Of course not! I like getting out into the field and sitting down to zero mine in, but it's finding the time to do it properly on a day that is not windy or raining, and that seems to get harder and harder. Yes, I check zero before I go out and about, but re-zeroing?

I'll pass thanks.