Flight Lines

unclefester

I would think thats too far, unless they have been feeding in certain areas on the field you can shoot in? I often find that they will swerve well of the flightline if there is a feeding hotspot (at that time) with a good setup of decoys etc.

Keep an eye on it and let us know how you get on. I find its trial and error and every spot and every day is different!

Good luck

Si

As long as you are well away from the source of the flight anywhere along it is worthwile trying. As long as there is not a standing crop with luck some will drop in ot he decoys, last year a made a bag of 60 on a bare tilled field over decoys 1\2 a mile away from where the pigeons were feeding. But it must be at least breezy or better still realy windy as you are more likely to attract the attention of low flying birds.

Flight lines change with food supply so you've nothing to lose.

Even if you get no joy just spending a few hours watching is worth it.

Is there a tree nearby you could loft deeks in & create a sitty tree ?

A good sitty tree is a Pigeon hotspot just like a good food field & if there's clover about you might be onto a winner at the right time of year.