home loads and shooting them

fair play to you radio1ham :) at least you got out of the house and had a nice little walk about, much better than sitting behind a computer and slagging off other peoples efforts which they now little about ........... :yes:

have you done much home loading before? im thinking on getting a .243 as well and would defo look into the possibility of loading my own

cheers,

Tim

hi tim

nope ive just started to reload my own .243`s granted not the best but the picture i show at the begining of this thread was at about 100 meters or so

so i guess i still got a long way to go to get the perfect bullet

but i definatly alot cheaper to reload as a box of 20 bullets is around 20quid

is costs me pennys to reload my own maybe 20-25 pence per bullet

a hell of a saving

but i guess you noticed i was getting jumped on by the grouping i showed in the picture

but that doesnt bother me in the least i know alot of people boast about their grouping using .22`s and pcp airguns

just wonder if any of them have actually fired a full bore rifle before

if not maybe they should not leave bad remarks about other peoples shooting

untill they can say they have done it with a full bore rifle and not a .22 or pcp airgun

oh and yes it was chucking down with rain which didnt put me off in the least

not like some who would be scared to get their gun wet he he :lol:

Edited by radio1ham

well im currently in india at the moment doing a university placement year, but i think as soon as i get back i will be getting my FAC back with a .22 and a .243 on it :)

i hadn’t brought ammo in a while and was shocked how much the price had gone up, lead is getting so expensive now, i also do SCUBA diving and it costs £30 a kg for lead shot at the moment used to be £10 not so long ago, so who knows what the cost will be in 8 months time when im back in the UK, so it would seem home loading is the way forward,

do you know what the laws or regs are on handing over home loads to another person? obviously with the right slot on your FAC and everything, but im sure i heard somewhere that the person who makes them is the only one allowed to fire them? or did i just make that up :yes: have a good friend at home whos been stalking for the last 20 years or so and loads up a batch every week so could possible get them off him for a bit cheaper.

fair play to you radio1ham :) at least you got out of the house and had a nice little walk about, much better than sitting behind a computer and slagging off other peoples efforts which they now little about ........... :yes:

have you done much home loading before? im thinking on getting a .243 as well and would defo look into the possibility of loading my own

cheers,

Tim

hi tim

nope ive just started to reload my own .243`s granted not the best but the picture i show at the begining of this thread was at about 100 meters or so

so i guess i still got a long way to go to get the perfect bullet

but i definatly alot cheaper to reload as a box of 20 bullets is around 20quid

is costs me pennys to reload my own maybe 20-25 pence per bullet

a hell of a saving

but i guess you noticed i was getting jumped on by the grouping i showed in the picture

but that doesnt bother me in the least i know alot of people boast about their grouping using .22`s and pcp airguns

untill they can say they have done it with a full bore rifle and not a .22 or pcp airgun

oh and yes it was chucking down with rain which didnt put me off in the least

not like some who would be scared to get their gun wet he he :lol:

Oh Dear here we go again,

Well sorry my friend but yes I have shot a full bore rifle, I currently use a 7.62mm for long rang target shooting out to 1000 yards. Also shooting for my county team. When you can out 10 rounds within an 11" circle at 1000 yards then come back and preach your drivel to me.

Up until that point keep quiet.

Edited by martincavie

I think you got hold of the wrong end of the stick here radio1ham, no-one was pulling your grouping to bits,

just telling you (using their experience) that your method of testing was not the best.

And I do know that the majority of those offering the advice have shot CF rifles for many, many years......

Oh Please,

Schoolyard bully, Where do you get off?

This, in case you hadn't noticed is an internet forum. This is where people are enetitled to their opinions. I find the "People who hide behind a computer" comments boring and hence the yawn post.

If you don't like it don't read it, personally I can no longer be bothered with you complete bunch of ANAL ******* and I will not bother to post on here.

**** YOU ALL

well i thought you werent going to bother with this topic anymore yes you maywell say you can get your shots in a 11 inch circule at a thousand yards so what ,could you get your grouping standing and not using a rest , well i guess your grouping not much better then, we only got your word for that so il yawn aswell, so what target shooting is a totaly different disaplin to hunting and yes your gun will be a target gun my gun is for hunting

and as for calling all of us a bunch of anal ******* i guess you mean everyone on pw

well it takes one to know one

anyway have a nice day

Edited by radio1ham

Oh dear looks like the baby is rattled,

Actually my target shooting is done freehand with a sling and open sights. And please explain the difference between shooting a target and hitting your quarry?

And yes at Bisley last year I beat several experienced deer stalkers in the stalkers test shoot that we did, again that was with open sights and shooting prone, sitting kneeling and standing.

May I suggest that you go and get yourself a life and stop talking about using a full bore rifle as if you are the only person ever to have done so.