A few questions from a PCP spanner!

smsguitarist

First of all.... Where do you all get your pellets and for what prices? My local shop only sells basic pellets (SMK, Milbro TR's and those rubbish Napier rip offs) but i want more Accupells and then Air Arms Field pellets to try! Only problem i dont want to spend £12 on ebay for a tin of pellets my rifle hates and then have them sit there rotting (figure of speech).

Also the big question is... I know most favour the S410 over the S400 or S200 but i cant stretch my cash enough and i can't justify paying over £100 more than the S400 for having the muti-shot facility when what i've heard is the S200 is pellet on pellet accurate at 30 yards AND is 10 shot convertable! What would you guys do? And does anyone have experience with all 3 rifles in both .22 and .177 calibers? Which did you prefer (gun and calibers) etc? I've always been a big .22 fan but have never actually tried .177. It's the trajectory that tempts me.

Thanks very much guys, help is most definitely appreciated!

Lewis

I had a 410k for years and then for some silly reason i sold it. To fill the void whilst waiting for my FAC i recently bought a used s200 with 10 shot adapter and i love it. Just as accurate, lighter (although i liked the balance of the 410k) and cheaper! Only thing i dont like is the cheapo plastic bolt handle, but ill replace that at some point. cant knock it tbh - and there are some bargains to be had in the for sales section atm :yes:

I ve always shot .22 - you get used to the trajectory, but from friends ive heard that .177 shoots alot flatter... horses for courses really. The only thing i think .22 is better for is ratting - everything else they are pretty even imo.

Both my rifles have been excellent with AA fields and you can pretty much guarantee they'll shoot really well, but if you want, if you get a .22 drop me a pm with your address and ill send you a few AA field to try... :)

Yep, pellet prices seem to be on the up... like most other things!

One advantage of .177 apart from the trajectory is that the pellets are much cheaper as they contain less lead. Air Arms Field pellets are currently £6.99 + P&P on fleabay. :)

I have owned .22 and .177 rifles and have settled on .177. Both will produce clean kills. In my opinion, most of the difference is psychological. If you shoot at an apple with a .22 it makes more of a mess but takes much longer to get there so .22 fans will find it "harder hitting" and .177 fans will find it slow and "loopy". Conversely, fire a .177 into an apple and .22 fans will cry "over-penetration" as the apple doesn't even look like it's been hit. Confidence counts for a lot in shooting, so give .177 a fair try and then choose whichever you feel most comfortable with and accept / overcome it's short-comings.

.177 S200 10 shot was my 1st pcp and it was bloody fantastic, thoroughly reccomended :thanks:

also, as already mentioned above, the pellpax sample packs of pellets are the easiest, cheapest and most effective way of finding the best pellet for your gun.

Edited by monkeyjaimz