starter shotgun

MM

after christmas, i promissed myself i would get round to the sgc. now, im going to do the lessons on the clays, so i dont shoot at thin air, but can anybody recomend a goo solid starter shotgun that aint going to cost the earth?

after looking at all the other outlay, ie, safe, cabinet, belt, carts, ect, i reckon £500 should see me right.

whats the beginners standard gun? and is there an "allrounder" as i would not like to have to buy a gun for clays, rabbits, scratching my backside .....ect, as i know there are people with countless guns.

thanks for all your wonderfull replies, love you lot :good:

I think most people would agree that it's better to save up a bit longer and get something like a second-hand Beretta, Browning or Miroku. If however, you 'aint prepared to save up for a more expensive gun your looking at a Baikal, Lanber, Bettinsoli, Lincoln etc. If you do save up a bit longer though, and get a more expensive gun, it'll mean you won't want to upgrade some point in the future. A 12 bore is probably the most versatile and I'd advise you to get that.

Martin

A list of the guns i own

First gun i ever bought was a lincoln no 2 game 28" barrels 3" mag .

remmi 1100 3 shot , great gun :good:

A beretta 686 12g ,, great gun

A beretta 686 20g 30" barrels (well the lads pinched it of me at the moment) great gun

A browning double auto Classic gun

T wild 32" barrels 12g 3" mag Old english

The list could go on but i won't ,What gun do i use the most .

Well it has to be the lincoln that ive owned for 20 yrs , been serviced twice in that time and never let me down .

must of shot in excess of 20.000 birds with that gun and its still going strong .

do i need to tell you what gun i would advise i think not :good:

My favourite gun is a sbs AYA Matador with 26 in barrels in 1/4 and 1/2 chokes with single selective trigger. The raised rib is great for the clays. I was flattered to have it called a "real gun" last time out! It is also a great gun for use in the field,light and quick to reload. The beavertail forend helps when the barrels get hot too. Get one well within your budget.I am fairly new to shotguns but there is something really appealing about sbs guns.

irelandjuly07040.jpg

Edited by vole21