My custom crosman 1789 air rifle so far

danco1987

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a47/danco...nysairrifle.jpg

added a 17 inch recrowned .177 barrel, crooked barn breech and bolt, UK Neil adaptor and silencer, adjustable hammer spring system and a sutter 3-12x50 scope. Still have to fit the new internals I have for it = flat top valve and adjustable piston. Also adding a a lighter trigger spring and guide, metal barrel band, harden steel pivot pin and painting the stock and handle black. Looking to get 11fpe from this lightweight rifle which would make a great rabbit stalker for hunting within 40 yards.

Edited by danco1987

well gun cost me about £70 secondhand from the states - took about 6 weeks to come and didnt get hit with customs charges luckily. Got the barrel, adjustable hammer spring, valve, piston, harden steel pivot point from a chap in canada - cost me about £55 but then I got stung by a £13 customs charge :good: . UK Neil adaptor and silencer - £40. Also included in the price for the parts was a metal barrel band which is soon to be on its way. So its set me back £178. But its been gradual over a period of 6 months.

Also after replacing all the stock parts with new ones, i've been selling the old ones. I've sold the old breech and barrel so thats £14 off the cost. Also got loads of spares i could sell at sometime. So about £164 I've spent so far i'd say. Not bad seeing as these rifles are very rare stock and well this custom one is quite unique.

Yes its really light and so quiet now that its got a silencer on it. Should make a perfect rabbit and pigeon stalking rifle once i've finished.

Edited by danco1987

well if you get a good crosman barrel, re cut and recrowned nicely - they can be a really accurate piece of kit. My last 2289G backpacker and my current 1377 were/are accurate kits. My barrel is a .177 1760 (rabbitstopper) barrel. A canadian chap recut and recrowned it for me, he made a lovely job of it and i asked him to really check out the rifling before he cut it to make sure it was top knotch. All that said and done, i havent actually got to shoot any tragets with it. I've only fired a few test shots to test out the silencer. Hopefully i'll have it finished soon so i can get shooting.

Edited by danco1987

bought a new metal, golden coloured trigger blade, trigger shoe and sear for the gun now as well. I just cant stop buying things for this bloody gun ???

Also im going to cut up some of that camo clothing in the picture and wrap it around the front of the scope and the silencer and secure with some camo tape just to get rid of a bit of the shine.

Got a chrony on the way so i can start some of the internal work.