please vote

gunner

It is not too uncommon for papers to run polls via their web sites, more as a way of attracting more people to the site perhaps than any true value for influencing political opinion. I can assure you that they have little political clout.

Not least of all because poll like this can be very biased, look at the editorial surrounding this poll that could influence how you vote – it is emotive, kid gets shot, refers to another incident where a child died, and then mentions that police are regular visitors – creating perhaps a sense of fear and anxiety so the public will demand that ‘something must be done’

I am not going to go on about what BASC does for airguns- simply because as far as our political and media campaigns are concerned we treat airguns, shotguns, small & full bore rifles muzzle loaders etc the same.

Somtimes you fight and loose by the way, its not the same as not fighting at all is it?

David

Airguns are probably the first step into the world of shooting , If safety can be adressed at this stage surely it will continue , We are SO restricted in our freetime hobbies , what next if they win this one ,

As for BASC doing little for Airgunners , I belive moves are in operation to suport a dedicated Airgun shooting and training site as we post , lets hope its NOT too late . POW!

I voted no.

The government know that if they manage to ban all types of weapons they can do whatever they want with the populace as they will cover in fear from their bully tactics. UNfortunately in the UK they have mostly disarmed the public or put out anti-gun propaganda to get peopel to hate guns. The issue is different in America, if they try to take american guns I would expect a bit of trouble. American army: 2 million. Legally registered gun owners in America: 100 million. Good luck!

I voted no.

The government know that if they manage to ban all types of weapons they can do whatever they want with the populace as they will cover in fear from their bully tactics. UNfortunately in the UK they have mostly disarmed the public or put out anti-gun propaganda to get peopel to hate guns. The issue is different in America, if they try to take american guns I would expect a bit of trouble. American army: 2 million. Legally registered gun owners in America: 100 million. Good luck!

hope youre not classing northern ireland in that. think theres still a few hidden bunkers somewhere.... :( :good: B)