A problem of length

Fatcatsplat

Right, here's yet another problem that I hope you chaps can help out with. I've got my daughter a s/b 410 to shoot with, on the basis that she very kindly buttons for me on the clays and at the end she gets to have a go herself (normally give her 10 shots on whatever the easiest target of the day was). The stock is about 5 inches too long for her and so, i need to shorten it - The problem is that she is going to grow and i want the gun to be able to grow with her. I've thought about taking the 5 inches off in 1 inch "biscuits" so that i can reattach them as and when the time comes, but that seems a bit fiddly and may comromise the integrity of the gun - Has anyone got a good idea of a setup that will mean i can take off the full amount and then make it so that i can adjust the gun as and when necessary?

I'm thinking along the lines of a couple of threaded rods going from the butt into the stock to keep it steady, with a fixed screw attachment in the middle that will be the adjusting point taking the length of the stock in and out. Technically, I am as thick as two short planks, so wondered if any of you out there had any bright ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Matt