Leupold Big rock fixed blade knife

chopper

I have seen these knives on sale on this site before for £40.00. I have managed to source five of these from the States and will be able to get more if required. These really are good looking knives, and are said to be collectable with only 1500 made, but I have been using one in the field now for over a mouth with no problems. I am looking for £25.00 inc postage.

There are two different pictures of the handles shown just to show the variation of the wood.

• Knife overall length is 8 ¼" and the blade is 3 7/8" with a drop point.

• German 4116 stainless

• Turkish circassian walnut handle.

• Leupold etched on both sides of the blade.

• Leather sheath with Leupold and logo on it.

If you’re interested please pm me, as said I am able to get a few more if required, thanks for your time.

Chopper.

Cr4cki3,

All I know about them is what is listed, on the boxes it has big rock fixed blade and also promotional knife with 62178.

So I dont know if they are as you say second edition, but trust me they work ok in the field and thats what I want it for.

Chopper.

2nd addition indeed

The Leupold Limited Edition knives were produced in 2006 for Leupold and distributed by Big Rock Sports. They were given approximately 500 knives to sell. Those knives are very collectible. This year Leupold had more of these knives made. They made 1,500 of them, and they are not the same as the original ones.

So, how do you tell the difference? Good question. The first thing to look at is the top of the blade where it meets the grips. The original ones were smooth. The second models have notches cut into the blade. That is the easiest way to tell.

So don’t be fooled by seller’s descriptions. Think about it. The original knives that were made, well those knives sell for over $100. Now you have some knives being offered for a fraction of that. Some sellers are offering to sell huge lots of them. Well, that is easy to do when there are about 1,500 of them out there. Don’t be fooled by what is written or described. There are only 500 of the original knives made. And what is being offered right now on eBay is the second model of the LE knives.

Stiv 24,

Thank you for your reply, however.

Could you tell me why persons reading are not to be fooled by my descriptions? also is there a problem with the second model of the LE knives, as I said I have been using one in the field and found it to be brilliant.

Which is the reason they are up for sale here.

I've not got a problem with your post, indeed they look good knives. The question was raised were they first or second edition, you didn't know and I found the answer.....so now you know.

As they are only second edition I'll give you 20 quid for one!

Edit to say: Oh and by the way, I didn't write my first post, googled it and copied it straight onto here

Edited by stiv24

Stiv24,

Thanks for clearing that up, they are good knives and as its you you can have one for £35 as you pointed out they are second edition ones LOL :rolleyes: .

The price has to be £25 for them, sorry mate but nice try :lol:.

I only have the one left but should have some again in about a week, but let me know.

Cheers,

Chopper

• 2 weeks later...