Weihrauch HW100T .177

ShropshireJohn

Hi,

I've got far too much money to spend.. and I want a nice air rifle for Vermin control around the farm here.

I was thinking of spending around £300, but have now decided to stop being tight and spend about £500-550

There is a 3 month old Weihrauch HW100T .177 thats for sale near me in almost mint condition (one blemish on the barrel), the chaps got it for sale at £555 with a hawk Pro-stalk 3x9-50 scope,

I'm a lefty does this matter? or are these ambidextrous friendly? ???

Just wondering if the price seems ok? its had roughly 1000 pellets through it according to his addy,

From what I can gather these guns seem fairly reliable and have a good rep.

Just thought I'd better ask for some opinions incase I go and spend more money than I should be!

Thanks in advance,

John

Hi John,

I`ve got the .22 version & chuffed to bits with it. Heavy thing, but normally very reliable, accurate & consistant.

Your going to need an air bottle to go with it(if you buy it), or have a shop handy that can fill it.

You wont go far wrong I reckon.

Hope this helps

Millsy

Hi John,

I`ve got the .22 version & chuffed to bits with it. Heavy thing, but normally very reliable, accurate & consistant.

Your going to need an air bottle to go with it(if you buy it), or have a shop handy that can fill it.

You wont go far wrong I reckon.

Hope this helps

Millsy

Hi there, thanks for the prompt reply, I appreciate it :good:

Can you use a Stirrup pump to charge the tank? the reason I ask, is because my friend used to have a Logun S16 and I remember him charging it this way!

Its about time I bought something decent rather than buying second hand stuff thats not in A1 condition ??? , hopefully this will be the gun to keep me happy for a while.

Excellent rifle, I have one of these in .22, spot on accurate,wonderfully efficient magazine system, only minor criticism is that compared to other same price rifles the shot count per fill is not brilliant. You can charge with a stirrup pump but try not to let the pressure fall below 80-90 bar or then it will become hard work.£500 is about the right price for a good condition used example of the later quick fill model. Buy it, you'll love it.!!

The thumbhole stock IS ambi.

Edited by robsmyth

Excellent rifle, I have one of these in .22, spot on accurate,wonderfully efficient magazine system, only minor criticism is that compared to other same price rifles the shot count per fill is not brilliant. You can charge with a stirrup pump but try not to let the pressure fall below 80-90 bar or then it will become hard work.�500 is about the right price for a good condition used example of the later quick fill model. Buy it, you'll love it.!!

Hi there, I'm pretty much sure I want this gun now ???

Stirrup pumps arn't cheap :good: , on the farm we have a rather large air compressor.. do people ever use these to pressure the tanks up?

Excellent rifle, I have one of these in .22, spot on accurate,wonderfully efficient magazine system, only minor criticism is that compared to other same price rifles the shot count per fill is not brilliant. You can charge with a stirrup pump but try not to let the pressure fall below 80-90 bar or then it will become hard work.�500 is about the right price for a good condition used example of the later quick fill model. Buy it, you'll love it.!!

Hi there, I'm pretty much sure I want this gun now ???

Stirrup pumps arn't cheap :good: , on the farm we have a rather large air compressor.. do people ever use these to pressure the tanks up?

I`m pretty sure using a compressor is a no no. Check with your local gun shop mate, or maybe someone on here can offer advice?

From one fill. I`m getting about 10 mags out, so thats around 140 shots firing at approx 11.2 fps. .177`s will get less than this, but for rough shooting thats quite a few bunnies/pigeons/rats.

The other thing I`m not sure is if you can fit the stock easily, (you being left handed). Best way to find out is to go on the targets for a while & see how you get on.

Its home now :)

I paid £520 with the scope, chap filled up the tank for me to show how its done, got my two mags, original invoices, full box etc

You could say the gun was "New", only three months old and barely used, and the seller was probably the best person you could ever wish to buy from heh, he had a HW100 Carbine, and a nice MK4 Daystate (can't remember the name, but it had a microswitch in the trigger)

Awesome bit of kit, I can't believe how accurate it is! :good:

Thanks for the help peeps :good:

Its home now :lol:

I paid £520 with the scope, chap filled up the tank for me to show how its done, got my two mags, original invoices, full box etc

You could say the gun was "New", only three months old and barely used, and the seller was probably the best person you could ever wish to buy from heh, he had a HW100 Carbine, and a nice MK4 Daystate (can't remember the name, but it had a microswitch in the trigger)

Awesome bit of kit, I can't believe how accurate it is! :hmm:

Thanks for the help peeps :yes:

Well done on the purchase. You`ll have some fun with that :good: . What did you decide to do about recharging :yes: ?

Well done on the purchase. You`ll have some fun with that :yes: . What did you decide to do about recharging :D ?

I went to a local chaps place in Wrexham who sells dive tanks, he sold me a 207Bar 7 Litre tank for £65 (with 5 years test) and a charging kit for the gun (this was £50) I should have bought a 232 or 300 bar cylinder! but he might buy this one back off me :blink:

Congratulations john, told you you'd love it !!

Its a a great bit of kit!