Acquiring Spare Shotgun Barrels on SGC or FAC?

alexm

Does anyone know what the legal implications (and differences) are for acquiring a second barrel for a shotgun held on either a SGC or a FAC? For example the following type of scenarios:

1) Section 2 (restricted capacity) semi auto with 26" barrel for rough shooting but owner wants a second, 30" barrel for wildfowling

2) Section 1 semi auto with ribless slug barrel with iron sights for PSG slugs but owner wants a second barrel with conventional rib for plates

For example, does the spare barrel have to be entered on SGC or FAC and, in the case of the FAC, does it require a second slot?

thanks,

Alex

I am not sure about the FAC bit, I used to have a Baikal O/U that had two sets of barrels but that was listed as one gun. Although they did all have the same serial no. as it came from the factory like it.

I would think that you would have to enter it as a seperate item but list it as barrel only.

I would have thought the same would apply for the FAC although there is no reason why the conventional barrel couldn't be held on a SGC as it is not the barrel that is the issue (as long as it is over 24" long) with a FAC shotgun, it is the action and magazine.