deer stalking question

bignoel

now i am a bit unclear on this . i know of chap's who only stalk deer in scotland what maybe 2-3 times a year but how doe's it work on license is it open would they have to have desinated farm for the gun first . what is the proces for a stalking license . the chaps i know in question i could never ask as they are never in the country to ask clients of mine. jusy curious

bignoel

As you may know it is common for deer rifles to be granted to applicants who's only stalking is a few paid days a year. When applying for a deer rifle under such circumstances proof of stalking "bookings" is usually required by the police.

It would be common for a closed fac to be issued to a new applicant but this would not be a hindrance as very nearly all ground that lets stalking, particularly in Scotland will already have been cleared for stalking calibers and the estate in question would be able to confirm this. However should this not be the case a request for it to be cleared by the relevant firearms dept will get it done.