Bosch boiler problems.

vole

Got a 5 year old Bosch Worcestershire combi boiler.Its had a few problems ie 3 breakdowns for various reasons resulting in leaks etc. Despite folk telling me they are very good,this one has been a pain in the backside.We presently have central heating but only occaisional hot water. Ice cold even after running the tap for ages until just now when it decides to work. Any ideas please?

Vole,

My dad worked on the development of these with Worcester years ago when they weren't Bosch, but were Dainsmore (propbably spelt wrong). Knowing a bit (and having two in two rented houses) they are the best of a bad bunch (that comes from my dad). Sounds like a pressure swich/flow switch, thing to do mate is to not let someone talk you into getting a new one as they are 8-900 sqids for the basic models with the lowest pump heights, and there simply is no need. So thing to do is to get someone reliable, honest etc. etc. and who knows their stuff to service the boiler (not saying this would sort it, but a good service will always help.) Then get them to address the problem the switches are relitively cheep and need a knowledgable person to install (ten minute job) then they will need to set the boiler up again (about half an hour). This could be the probem from the start and no-ones sorted it for you,

let us know how you get on,

Tom

i tell you exactly what it is vole... as rob says, divertor valve, or more to the point, the diaphragm inside it...

if you had several leaks, and the system has been regulary topped up with mains water with no inhibitor in it, the insides of your hads will had started to corrode ....this soup being pumped round will perforate a diaphram no probs....

what model is it mate, some old worcesters require removal of the secondary heat exchanger to do the simple job of renewin the diaphram, others are'nt quite so bad....

if you want a quote for the job mate, pm me the boiler model and what area you live in, im in runcorn so no far i guess.....

other possibilites for faults could be dhw thermister, pcb etc but ill put my money on the div vale diaphram... if you p.m me ill tell you how to confirm this mate....

im at work all day till maybe 7-8 this eve so dont expect a replie straight away vole old pal !!!

Thanks fellers. Its a Bosch Worcester 28i and it cost us £1200 plus all the fixes it has needed.Expected better from a nearly new boiler.Bosch never seemed very surprised when I have contacted them before so wonder if its got design faults.Our last 25 year old one never did this.