Pellet stuck in barrel

yodagoat

The other day I got a pellet stuck in the barrel of my trusty Edgar Brothers model 60 .22 I usually use wasp pellets but I changed to BSA elite dome pellets. They proved to be pretty accurate but then one got stuck in the barrel. I pushed the pellet down a little and re fired the gun and it shot fine, but the second and third pellet had the same issue. The BSA elite's were quite a snug fit and now I am worried I have damaged my gun, so i have ordered a new spring and seal kit. I have also heard that some pellets are 5.5 and some are 5.6mm

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Cheers

Mike

There is no damage to the barrel, the gun is in pretty good condition, the only reason i'm getting the seals and spring is because I'm worried they would have been damaged by the sticking pellets.

i haven't tried pellet lube, and I dont know how to really go about cleaning the barrel. :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Don't bother using bisley magnums in a sub 12ft lb gun they are quite heavy and will have the trajectory of a mortar round Eley wasps come in two flavours 5.5 mm for continental .22 and 5.56mm fur the full English .22 the latter were recommended for BSA airsporters etc. As with all gun/pellet combinations stick with what works for you

Edited by Micky Spillane