TRACER SHOTGUN CARTRIDGES?

SHOOTEMUP

I have some here they are Eley Tracer ones problem is these are of more collectable value than use, they cost me £30 for a box of 10.

But i know eley still do them so i dont doubt any good gunsmiths could source them from there suppliers.

What do you want tracers for?

If you are not hitting things, these will only tell you what you know already, that you are missing.

They will not tell you why.

To improve scores you need the three R,s

Result = you missed, we can see that without wasting a tracer

Reason = you need a coach to tell you: gun fit, stopping, master eye, stance, etc

Remedy = and the same coach will give you the cure.

If you want to learn something about where your shot is going and what its doing when it gets there, you will learn tons from a pattern plate, a cheaper and much more informative bit of shooting analysis.

Spend your money on coaching, not tracers.

Edited by clayman

Good advice from Clayman, I used to mess around with tracer shells when they were readily available, (I think Sellior & Bellot used to make them?), they are no help whatsoever, in fact the flash of light that you see often appears to "curve" around the target, (an optical illusion..!!).

They are nothing like military tracer rounds, which stay glowing for much longer, and most grounds have banned their use, as they constitute a fire hazard.

Cat.