Will these cartridges be ok in my gun..

Foxer

hello,

Went to a local gun shop and bought my self some heavier cartridges for foxes. I did ask in the gun shop about what cartridges he would recomend and told the owner what gun i had ect. It is probably me being a little over cautious but being over cautious never hurt anyone did it :(

anyway the gun i have is a baikal IJ-58 sbs in 12g. Sorry not sure on the age. It is chambered 2 3/4'' and stamped on the barrels is the proof mark, its the little crown shape with what looks like 'tp' underneath.. also says 3 1/4 tons per square inch.

The cartridges he sold me are RC-40 semi magnums 40g no.3. These are 70mm (2 3/4'')

On the cartridges is printed MAX 1050 BAR. Thats the part im a little unsure of? Are these ok to use in my gun?

Just to add incase of some mirical the shop owner reads this :good: , im not doubting him i would expect him to know what hes on about but just making sure.

Edited by Foxer

Proof is directly related to the chamber length. As long as the cartridge manufacturers specification does not declare the opened length of the fired cartridge to be in excess of the chamber ( 70mm in your case) the cartridges will be pressured at 3 1/4 tons psi or less, and safe in your gun.

Your using a Baikel mate!,

You could fill half the barrel with gun powder and it'd fire and be fine. Baikels are renown for their ability to take a lot of work/battering! As the guys say as long as you dont go over the guns chambered length - you'll be fine - ha ha ha they'll give you a right kick though!! lol hope you have a decent but pad on - two shots and you'll know it either a pain in your arm or cheek!!

I've just got rid of my S/b Baik, called it my Goose gun - built like a canon!! had to make some room so it went ~

T