Which

Tinashi

Hi all

Looking for a new rifle spring that is, few years back i used to shoot a lot and tried all from daystates to rapids but these days all i see is high prices and cheap build quality under the guise of alloy is lighter.

But any way its a choice between a venom hw97 or a venom sidewinder now ive never been a keen breakbarrel fan but hey i might try one, always worried about wear on breach jaws.

Any opinions on the two?.

Also if any has a mark 1 tx200 for sale let me know.

Thnx for any thoughts or opinions guys an girls

Tin

hi mate,

noit much use to you this one but i have a webley longbow (which the sidewinder is based on, but with out the venom tune and shrouded barrel) have only just got it second hand (but knew the original owner and rifle less than a year5 old).

will be taking ti down the club thursday to give it a good run throught the ill and its got some seriouse copetition!!!!! its up against my TX200 MK1 (sorry not for sale ???) but shall let you know how it performs :sly:

the long bow is hell of a lot lighter than the TX so not sure if recoil is goingto be a problem with it.

but comparing the TX to a 97 the TX wins every time!!!

you just kow it makes sence to wait for a TX to come up :/

all the best in the search for the best

ROB B)

PS will get you drooling if i can manage to sort out some pics of my TX in nice venom hunter stock :devil:

That would be great roblade , love to see ur piccys.

Ive ordered the tomahawk sidewinder with a screw on silencer venom tuned so i got to wait 4-5 weeks.

Getting the tommy gives me the option of on ticket in future.

Still looking for a used tx200 mark 1 i just need a good action.

Tin

hi tin,

as promised a littl review about how the longbow performed :lol:

was amazingly accurtate 3/4" gropings at 35 yards (would have been ebtter if i hadnt had so much coffee LOL) was a very similar gropuping to the TX.

but you do nitice a difference when it comes to cocking and fireing :yp: lots of graunch on the longbow :D and a definate twang on shooting.

but thats not really a problem at all with any of the sidwinders LOL

was a lot easier to shoot stading than the TX due to its lack of weight, and recoil was not really a problem as long as i just let the rifle do what it wanted to.

but given a choice of the longbow or the TX woiuld still be the TX every day (at least untill i can afford the venom tune on the longbow LOL)

but i dont think you would be att all sorry with a sidewinder :)

hope this helps you out just a little

ROB ???

Cheers m8

With the shops wanting 300 for a walnut tx hc and venom only wanting 401 for a venon tomohawk sidewinder with a walnut stock it seemed to make more sense, although never owning a break barrel im still a little nervous on how the breech jaws wear on them.

Tin

Edited by Tinashi