New member in Southwest Scotland

SteveT

Shame about the clay pigeon shooting Gorden. Them clays would be 100mph in this wind! Hope the weather brightens up for you next week. And taz, yep i am kitted up for the job. You should be out pigeon roost shooting while the trees are bare, excellent fun with the air rifle and shotgun alike.

the weather is not good to do stuff today as gordon said the weather is terrible

Got a call about 10am to cancel; its wet and wild and although dissapointed im glad as it was 40 quid and wouldnt have been that great in a storm!!

Have rebooked for nest weekend

good luck next weekend pm me how you get on as I could do with a lesson myself! Walked about 3 miles with the dog and got a phesant 200 yrds from my door!

there are quite a few threads about ear defenders and many hotly held views. That said eletronic ones are best for mixed use hunting and clays in mho. I wear sordin pro x from eBay at around the price of 1000 carts and they are great for decoying or rough shooting as they magnify sounds and r waterproof (cling film between the two layers of foam in the muffs the best option for really wet days or long sweaty hikes).

Aye, let me know how you get on with them. Oh, and any ideas where the best place to sell a gun around here is? I have a lanber over/under that i'm looking to trade in for another side by side. Was thinking of part exchanging at Gardners guns in longtown.

Was at Gardners yesterday; 1st time there; seems a really decent guy; very helpfull and friendly. Was showing me a 2nd hand Miroku o/u which was mint; said he had 2 others out on loan that were around my price also. Im awaiting my certificate having had interview last week. What kind of Lanber and how much are you looking for just out of interest? I`ll be looking out for a gun, anything considered. Ive got a Baikal sorted out to get me straight out but will be looking for something better. There was a guy from Langholm who said to contact him when i get sgc; he had an AYA yeoman sbs for £150 but you might have your eye on something else?

Gordon, its a lanber sporter i believe (hard to distinguish models!), its multi choke and ejectors. can email pics across, but for some reaso i cant upload them on here. I'm looking for around £350 for it (i payed £400 for it last year secondhand. It is in remarkably good condition.