First trip out.

stirky

Now the game shooting season has finished, today was my first day out for the pigeons. I arrived at the farm at about 1,30 to see about 50 birds feeding close to a good sitty tree, right at the end of a hedge a perfect spot, as i sat in the motor having a coffee watching these birds it became obvious this was the place to be, as the pigeons came over the field they were flying straight for this tree then droping to feed with the other birds on the ground.

I was set up in 5 mins, 20 flock coated shells positiond where the birds had flown from as i walked them off, the only problem was not a breath of wind but at least things looked good

It only took about 5 mins for the first two birds to arrive, to be honest i had forgoten how fast a pigeon can be when diving into the deeks, two shots fired but only one flew away not a bad start, the birds were very obliging by coming in small bunches ranging from singles to maybe 8 at a time. By four pm the flight had stopped and i had picked up 24 birds for two boxes of shells. I call this a very good start, will try to post a pic tomorow as i forgot the camera :devil:

Some days pigeon shooting can be easy, some days very easy, saturdays bag was one of those very easy days when the birds would have landed given the chance, most were shot when you have that 2 or 3 seconds when the bird puts in 3 or 4 flaps just before it lands, that must say something about flock coated shells. Anyway ive managed to post a pic in the photo section. :)