semi shotguns

steve_k

my remmy 1100 has stop ejecting cartridges

and it doesnt seem to even try and push the bolt back anymore.....

i have cleaned out the holes

replaced the seal, changed the extractor claw,firing pin and nearly ever other part on it...

can anyone give me any other ideas before i have to take it in to the gun shop......

sk

I had a remmy 1100 a few years ago that had a similer problem . The timing of the gun is regulated by the free play in the two arms that slide back on the mag tube and push the bolt back . If the free play is to much or two less then the gun will try to fire out of battery ( fire without the bolt closed and locked ) if this is the case then the bolt cannot unlock untill all the pressure is out of the barrel there for stopping the gun cycling and ejecting and another round . Well that was what was wrong with mine .

Harnser .

is the 'bolt' moving freely?

yes it is and i have replaced the thing with two arms that moves the bolt

it will fire one shot at atime it is just rather annoying having to cycle the thing manually

i think i will have to take it in to the gun shop to let the pros have a look at it

however professional the service may not be....!

thanks guys

any other help will be much appreciated

SK

Only thing I could maybe suggest is to check the diameter of the gas piston - my Franchi's gas piston has worn out and gone undersize, meaning gas just blows past it, leading to problems cycling light loads. Have you tried putting some heavier stuff (32/36g) through your gun to see if it cycles those?

Just a thought.