permission letters

smithy73

Hello everyone,here's some info i found out today.I have just gained my first shooting permission,to use my airrifle.I'ts on a 70 acre farm,the farmer is a lovely bloke in his seventies,he invited me to his farm yesterday to have a look around,i took some shooting forms with me,but he would not fill it in. (QUOTE) i don't need those bloody things if anyone stops you send them to me (unquote),i said it would be better for both of us.NO NO NO , the reply.So today i phoned the firearms section of the police,i explained what has gone on,and want to check that i am within the law.The answer,yes because i am not using a section 1 firearm,and have the landowners VERBAL consent everything is okay.I'm new to all this,i did not feel comfortable,for myself or the farmer,and other landowners in the area might think the farmer was being taken advantage of,because of his age.Glad i checked things out HAPPY DAYS.

good on you mate, take advantage of the oppertunity (spelling?) show the farmer your dedicated, if you show him your are safe with an air rifle im sure he will pass your name on...

offer him something from your bag after you have been on a shoot (only of course if its edible) that usually goes down well, small things make a big impact...

if you can show you are safe with the gun on his land im sure he will pass your name on to other farmers...

all i need to do now is to get the guts to go out and knock on doors... bit daunted about that at the moment...

Good luck on the new permission

happy shooting

Mark

:welcomeani:

I raised as thread a few weeks ago regarding permission letters, if you have a look you will find it interesting. I must say it is good to see a newcomer with a positive sense of responsibility (Asking the question etc)

There are many of us who shoot large expanses of land without written permission, there are many who do have it. There is a lot of landowners who won't sign ****** all unless they have too.

Now you are in a quandry are'nt you?

Do you go shooting or do you leave it and have nothing because you can't get a piece of paper?

I know what I would do.