What choke is best for pigeon shooting

dazlindazza

Hi,

I have only been shooting for about 8 months and have an old baikal that I have been using for pigeon shooting. When I bought the gun, I told the man in the shop that I wanted a cheapy for pigeons and paid for what he gave me. It has fixed chokes so I dont actually know what they are.

Anyway, i have just started going clay shooting and a couple of the guys there have said that if my gun is for pigeons it probably doesn't have the right choking for clays...

So my question is, what chokes do people use for pigeon, and what choke do you use for clays???

Cheers

If youve only just started shooting dont stress about chokes. Shooting is partly down to confidence and if you start thinking maybe im going to miss cos iv got the wrong choke in then your making it more difficult to begin with.

There will be plenty of people on here who can give you plenty of in depth info about chokes but for now if you want to improve get a couple of shooting lessons and work on getting the gun pointed where your aiming!

Cheers for the comments guys, they all help!

I was under the impression that chokes shouldn't make too much difference, and to be honest all i want from my shooting is to have a bit of fun - certainly nothing too serious. It was just when I was told when I first went to the clay club that my chokes are causing me problems it got me wondering.

My dad still uses his 1950's belgium side by side with fixed choke. They are very tight and he normally beats me.

Spend your time practising, but before you get into bad habbits have a few lessons. My biggest mistake was being self taught and now it feels all wrong doing it right. (if that makes sense).