Shotgun Or Air rifle

studlee

Hi

As some of you might know I posted a topic asking random shooting question for an air rifle. Thanks for all the reply's :good:

Now im thinking that and air rifle for pigeon shooting is not the best 'tool' for the job?? It may suggest to get the most benefit from pigeon shooting i should buy a Shotgun and get a Shotgun licence!!!

What do you guys think........Rifle for rabbits and lamping..............Shotgun for pigeon decoying etc?!?!?!?!?! :good:

Or do you think you can still enjoy the sport with a rifle!?!?

Again gentleman i thank you in advance!

:good::hmm:;):D B) :D:D:D:D:D

i was asking the same thing about a year ago.

I put in for my SGC and now i really wonder why i did not do it sooner, since having my shotguns i have been on a few phesant shots and some clay days, and i only wanted the shotgun for pigeon shooting.

I would say keep the airgun, i would be lost without mine(and a lot of land owners dont like shotguns at night), but get a cheap shotgun to start and go hit a few clays, even that is great fun.

And by the end of the summer u should be getting good bags

Hope this is of some help.

P.s it does not end there though i have just put in for my FAC lol

Shotgun :good: I used to shoot with an air rifle many years ago and really enjoyed it both FT and hunting :good:

A couple of years ago I thought i would like to get back into airguns - I think I kept the thing for a month and sold it on.

Get your certificate and buy yourself a shotgun maybe even apply for your FAC at the same time :good:

Thanks for the replys guys!!!

I think th general opinion is get a SGC!!! And a firearms while im at it.........

IS it not expensive for the licences??? Any idea on cost and yearly payments???

Gosh........anyone can always rely on PW :good:

Edited by studlee

think its £50 each if u get your fac and sgc seperatly or £60 for a contominus (both) so just as well to go 4 that 1. :good: i dont use my air rifle now i have the CZ but its always good to have one for those places you cant use the rimfire.

Great thanks for the info! :lol:

I use my guns like a Golf club :( I dont hit balls with them, but you can get a FAC air rifle to cover yourself till you may need the added power of the .22.. And the shotty for critters and birds on the wing.. Never make an exscuse not to have a gun, but a reason to need one :)