AirGun Ban........

tMike

Glad im not scottish!

What it could mean is that they introduce a new certificate for airguns for people with legitimate use such as club members, pest control etc

An FAC isn't hard to get providing you can prove you have a legitimate reason to own a gun - just got mine for a .22RF

there are a lot of scroats who **** about with air rifles - i was shot in the back with one myself by someone whilst minding my own business. Lets just say that I was not impressed :good:

if you had to apply for one maybe that would show how responsible real airgunners are?

The people who want them banned are the kind of people who say "some people shoot animals with them! its disgusting!" and have probably never even seen one before - welcome to media hype!

If the gun is bought under my mums name which it is does that meens its hers?but yet its mine---You can

borrow an air rifle and ammunition

use an air rifle, without supervision, on private premises where you have permission

You cannot

buy or hire an air rifle, or ammunition, or receive one as a gift. Your air rifle and ammunition must be bought and looked after by someone over 18 – normally your parent, guardian or some other responsible adult.

have an air rifle in a public place unless you are supervised by somebody aged 21 or over, and you have a reasonable excuse to do so (for example, while on the way to a shooting ground).

so i have to borrow my gun off my mum because its under her name to then shoot my gun?..doesnt say anything about owning but im not argueing over the law as long as im not breaking it am i.and my gun is looked after by a person over 18.

In the current climate, perhaps some of these Scottish bureacrats should be made redundant as they seem to have a lot of time on their hands and not very much knowledge about real facts. If it wasn't for airguns, they might not have any red squirrels left. I am sure the fine people of Scotland have other more pressing matters that these people could turn their attention to.