what ft/lb to take air rifle?

Thumpersniper

Hi, I am currently applying for an FAC after many years of air rifle shooting. I have put down for .17HMR and .22lr with small vermin control reasons. I would like to take one of my pre charged air rifles up to FAC or just sell 1 and buy an FAC one for a little more power before the .22lr. Is there enough reason to have one? say for close range rabbits, lamping rabbits, and are elevated shots for squirrels and roost shooting pigeons ect taken as they are with sub 12ft/lb? i wouldnt want to take elevated shots at squirrels with a .22 but they certainly need controlling. Sometimes a little more power would be more humane, shattering a hollowpoint more and getting a cleaner kill. Or should i just apply for FAC air rifle instead of .22?

Also (sorry for asking and asking, but you are the ones with the experience!) do i need to put the exact power in ft/lb of the air rifle i want, or up to such and such a power, what can a daystate harrier x2 be taken to?

Thanks a lot in advance

SP

A fac airgun can make the difference mate, Bsa Lonestar .22 standard: 38ftlbs, AA410 .22 standard 32ftlbs, even .177 fac is a better choice, Logun Solo .177 fac gives 18ftlbs with a Kodiak. I shoot woodys with it easy at >50 yards. :hmm:

If they let me choose between .22Lr and a fac airgun, I go for air, as its usefull between buildings and inside barns etc. and.. (IMO) more accurate :lol:

If you are interested I am considering selling my FAC mk1 theoben rapid in .20 calibre - set at 26ft/lbs. I am moving up calibres as i recently got .308 on my ticket for deerstalking. More details and pictures of the rifle available if interested. Fitted with simmons whitetail classic 3.5-10x50 scope. I spent £200 on it last year for a service and regulator fitted by Ben Taylor - have receipts. I also have a 12 litre 200 bar divers bottle. Not sure how i want for it really?

ps I agree with previous post that an FAC air rifle is very useful when shooting around barns or stables or in the air at those pesky squirrels

OK, im really into airgun shooting so i will never get rid of them completeley. Are you in a rush to sell it or do you mind waiting a bit? if i was to buy it id have a BSA hornet and Daystate harrier x2 to sell first. Would the sale of these two guns buy your kit do you think? they are in good condition! An FAC air rifle would be more use than two 12ft/lb ones IMO and i have some other springers anyhow. I have only sold guns to a shop before in part exchange and had awfull prices for them so i wouldnt be too keen on just giving them away, not that I really know what they are worth.

Firearms officer came to interview me on the SGC two days ago and he said if i wanted FAC just apply and he wouldnt need to visit again he would just need to call my other countersignatory before he would issue it. He advised me on .17 and FAC air rifle because thats all i wanted really, I just thought the .22 would be less hassle getting hold of, and am really busy at the moment with a ridiculous seasonal workload!

Anyway keep in touch, id be interested if my two precharged and a pump would indirectly buy your kit without much £ moving around if your with me?! If you or you know of someone that would be interested in some sort of a deal, get in touch

Cheers SP