S 200

beezer

:thumbs: I have just bought an air arms S200 . With this I get 60 - 70 shots per fill , ten shot magazine and same hole accuracy at 35 y'ds. for around £300. Why would I want to spend a fortune on another "named" gun for the same results? I had a superten and the only real advantage was more shot's per fill. It was a lot hevier to carry as well.

For the same reason that some people buy a BMW rather than a Fiat. Both will carry the same number of people to and from the same point at the same speed. One will do it in a basic manner and one will do it in a more luxurious manner. The S200 is accurate BUT it has a basic sprung blade single stage trigger - it feels flimsy - it drips plastic parts - the cocking pin is rolled steel and breaks often - it is physically small - it has an ambi stock which won't fit anyone perfectly and some at all etc.

I amn't saying it's a bad gun - far from it but it's certainly not everyones idea of the perfect gun.

I loved the S200, if was to ever get another Air rifle, id get it again. But im quite happy with my shotgun for the forseable future. Speaking of which went lamping few nights back, and a bunnie with the lamp on it ran litterally about a meter away from my lamp mans feet. I didnt have the heart to shoot it at that range (or risk shredding toms feet!) :thumbs:

D

Edited by dibbz2000