my permission

soreshoulder

I dont know but yesterday we went and they were real hard to decoy some came in ok they were going over the fields and into some trees then droping into a few fields with horses and feeding on the clover. We could not get to close as we did not want to scare the horses with our guns hard work but fun.

Could they be feeding on berrys? try and shoot one and open its crop and have a look

Brad

Clover, seed drillings and short rape seem to be the foods of choice in my area at the moment.

The big flocks are breaking up well and the birds should be easier to decoy.

I was out yesterday and set up on a ploughed field next to a rape field.

The rape field had no cover, but the adjacent ploughed field had a hedgerow and the birds were feeding, then coming back to the plough and hedgerow to digest.

I shot 37 and 8 were juveniles.

Sometimes you can create this sort of ambush, rather than set up on the actual feeding ground.

Same round here. I have 3 fields to shoot over just drilled with barley. Went for a couple of hours at the weekend. They were circling while we set up the decoys then straight in when we got in the hide. Got 13 but had took the youngster with me whos only 10. He shot 3 so he was well happy but we could have had another 10 (assuming I would have hit them!). Farmer rang to say the other field was blue all day today (usually means 3 birds!!) so Thursday is going to be a day off to go see how blue blue really is...hopefully thee will still be some about! Rape pretty much deserted, some on clover.

i have usually been seeing alot of pigeons feedig on the rape, but all of a asudden they seemed to have just been passing it by altogether even the small sutff, they are usually flcked on the outside of a wood in the trees. What would they be feeding on? :lol:

they are probs feeding on new buds on the trees they are a bit round me at the moment !