stork

dave1979

rite..im not goin mad but just been owt wi the dog and saw a bird i couldnt identify!!! it was white with black underwings ad black bar along the edge of the top of the wings!!! it was alot bigger than a heron and was just gliding on the thermals for ages!!!! av had a look at the rspb website and the nearest lookin bird to it was a stork??? do they come to this country or could it be lost..blown off course etc!!! it was behind chorley nab and above angelzark reservoir!!!

Interesting, I just had a look on the main twitchers website, where they report their sightings.

A White Stork has been reported today at Big Waters Nature Reserve in Northumberland at 16:55 and 17:57. I don't know how far it is as the Stork flies from Anglezark to Northumberland, but it could be the same bird :yes:

Edited by Chard

:blink: How funny is that, a guy came down from blackpool yesterday to buy some snakes from me and he said that on friday he saw what he thought was a stork, i said probably an egret he said nope, it was bigger than a heron and had black bars on its wing so my guess is that he was right. :yes: