Which Gun to get?

GarethR

Ok guys, a mate of mine has a fair old chunk of land where we have been shooting for quite some time, him longer than me! I recently got my SGC & feel that it's about time I put me hand in my pocket to buy my own gun. Ive been using his for ages its a Zabala side by side, quite a heavy ****** but Im used to it now although I still miss a more than I hit!!

I'm not minted so wont be shelling out thousands, ideally for starters wanting to spend up to £500 but aint got a clue which guns I should avoid etc sp would be really grateful for any advice.

Also if anyone knows of any land etc in the Yorkshire area where I could go that would be spot on, got all me gear for the pigeons, decoys, magnet, bouncers etc :good:

Thanks in advance people

Gareth

Get one that fits is vital but I have shot for years with both types of standard guns but now have a semi auto that is so comfortable with no recoil its great as my neck hurts.

As to a make you are best to talk to a gun shop you trust, as any advice is always personal but not always right. Beretta I have always been told are good, I have had a Winchester for 30 years with no trouble but its like buying a car !

Edited by Saxon1957

Consider the muzzle loading firearms. :rolleyes:

A flintlock fowler or a percussion double barrel shotgun will get the job done. It's also alot of fun. Dixie Gun Works is a very good source for traditional guns.

http://dixiegun.com/

dont bother with this load of rubbish,, get a second hand barreta or a remington over and under or even a semi auto.. theres loads of second hand good quality side by sides going cheap everywhere at the moment.

get a second hand barreta or a remington over and under or even a semi auto.. theres loads of second hand good quality side by sides going cheap everywhere at the moment.

Absolutely. More specifically for me a second hand silver pigeon in 20g. I swear I've never used anything as lively as that, and for pigeons that's what you need.