Air arms S410

Pigeon_decoyer

LOL is it me or is everyone out there power mad????LOL

the security screw is there to fine tune the rifles power level (eg if using a different pellet) but it will only make a small difference and would make no discernable difference when shooting with it.

it is possible to increase the power of the s410 but the best bet would be to go for the S410 EXTRA shrouded barrel and power of around 35-40 F/Lbs though it is a little on the long side :D

money would best be spent getting a regulator fitted to a S410 CLASSIC!!!! almost doubles the number of shots per charge turns an amazing rifle into a fookin brilliant rifle :rolleyes: (and if you really want to and i know you do :o you can add a micheal tawn tawnado stock :D

ROB :D

But if I purchased a 12ltre bottle it's hardly much hastle getting it filled up once every 3months, It's ment to only cost a couple of quid, Wel it's ok for me I only live up the road from the diving shop :D

PD

It is well worth saving a few extra pounds and going for a 300 bar tank and telling the shop that its for surface use only you will get allot more fills from the tank (saving time & money) also having only a surface pressure gauge fitted it will only have to be tested every 5 years instead of 2 years. As for the 410 brill. although i have a R 7 i use a mates 410 now and again at 35ftlb its deadly accurate. :rolleyes:

What your mates S410 is 35ftlb? :D Bit confused!

Cheers PD

JUST SAYING THAT A.A ARE REALLY GOOD. very accurate but the extra power was needed for the control of rabbits on a golf course because of the very open and flat land. Shots at about 45yds + were not humanely possible with a standard 12ftlb rifle and rimfire was too much power in that situation. So the extra power was opted for. As was first mentioned i was saying that it would be more benificial for the chap to go for a 300br tank and surface pressure valve. cheaper in the long run, as i found out. :o

(and if you really want to and i know you do :rolleyes: you can add a micheal tawn tawnado stock  :D

ROB :o

Whats that?

PD

its a semi custom made stock that will set you back about £350!

have tried to find pics of it any where on teh net but couldnt turn up anything.

thay are sold by michael tawn airguns (they have a big two page add in the comics) and made by Gary Cane.

basicaly a laminated beech thumbhole stock with stippling, and he does stocks for other THEOBEN/BSA/AIR ARMS.

then again you could always have a chat with the friendly folks over at XB&M if you want a fully custom made job for around teh same money (think they even bullpup it for that sort of price!)

oh if only i had the money :'(

ROB :D

Edited by roblade

• 2 weeks later...
But if I purchased a 12ltre bottle it's hardly much hastle getting it filled up once every 3months, It's ment to only cost a couple of quid, Wel it's ok for me I only live up the road from the diving shop :o

PD

It is well worth saving a few extra pounds and going for a 300 bar tank and telling the shop that its for surface use only you will get allot more fills from the tank (saving time & money) also having only a surface pressure gauge fitted it will only have to be tested every 5 years instead of 2 years. As for the 410 brill. although i have a R 7 i use a mates 410 now and again at 35ftlb its deadly accurate. :lol:

What your mates S410 is 35ftlb? :lol: Bit confused!

Cheers PD

The gun in question sounds like it's the S410k FAC Extra high power which is factory produced with an average output of 33ftlbs,970fps.although in the spec it says you should average 35 shots per charge 190bar i can actually get up to 50 shots before i notice a power drop.When i had this gun serviced by air arms they returned it with a data print out sheet

shots 1-10 =30.50-32.50ftlbs

10-25 =33.22-33.01 971fps max velocity

25-35=32.60-30.96

This is a characteristic of my gun,my advice is knowledge is a valuable thing but you can't beat putting pellets down the barrel to learn the characteristics of your own gun.

At 60yds 10p size grouping with over 20 shots,yes bunnybasher they are deadly accurate and better than the theoban R7 :o

PD

The S410fac in question is standard issue and you'll find it in any air arms catalogue.The beauty of this gun is the amount of shots you get per charge and if you manage to see a picture of one you'll see why.IN my opinion the problem with uprating a standard 12ftlb(£500) air gun is a massive reducton in shots, you'll be lucky if you get 25 and 10 of these are probably required to warm the gun up all for an extra 12-15 ftlbs.The exception to this rule are the theobens ,ripleys etc (£800-£1000+)purchase prices.My S410k cost £485

AS for attaining a FAC all you need is a piece of land and permission ,i can't see any problems unless you have form as what you are applying for is on the bottom rung of a very long ladder :lol: