Hi, 1st post, pictures of my new guns

Hi to everyone, I'm new to shooting, and new to this forum...

I've been clay shooting about 10 times over the last 6 months, really enjoyed it so recently got my ticket, and got myself a couple of guns!

1st one is a Beretta 686 special, 1987, in very good condition - have currently borrowed it from a friend to try it, but have pretty much decided on the purchase - he won't take less than £500.

It's the top gun here

DSC_0351.jpg

DSC_0354.jpg

DSC_0355.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

DSC_0360.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

The 2nd gun, which is the bottom in the 1st picture, is a Midland game, which is well used, but in decent condition which I picked up for £195 so a mate can come shooting with me.

DSC_0357.jpg

I'd love to hear people's opinions on both guns!

thanks!

What do people think of the price for the Beretta, does it seem reasonable / good / bad value?

The gun is in excellent condition, couple of small scrapes on the barrel, but the rest is spotless. Comes with a Beretta soft carrying case too, which is new. £500 good value?

What do people think of the price for the Beretta, does it seem reasonable / good / bad value?

The gun is in excellent condition, couple of small scrapes on the barrel, but the rest is spotless. Comes with a Beretta soft carrying case too, which is new. £500 good value?

The Beretta seems like very good value to me, but I'm pretty new to shotguns also so one of the more experienced guy's will know better. :yes:

Welcome to PW and well done on your guns, they both look very good. I wish I could find something like your midland for that price.

Gun shop Rugby have an almost identical one, but it's a sport for £295 for sale, maybe worth a look?

Welcome :yes:

Nice guns

I would give £500 for the Beretta.

Is it a trap gun?

I don't know - the friend is a very experienced shooter, and gun fanatic - he said for my purpose of clay shooting and rough shooting it's perfectly suited. All I know is the model, the age (which the guy at gun shop rugby told me) and that it's fixed choke.

If there's a way to tell by looking at it then I'd be happy to check?