the reindeer

Thanks to all the guys at The Reindeer today.

I only received my 'ticket' yesterday and hence whizzed out and bought a vert nice AL390 in the afternoon, thought I woul pop up this morning to get the hang of loading etc. Well I didn't realise I had enterd the competition ........lol

Particular thanks to Peter-Peter who looked after me so well, thanks again fella.

After some advice form Peter about the gun not fitting me too well, I took his advice and whilst strip cleaning it removed the stock.

Peter advised turning the shim between the stock and action upside down this made complete sense, but then there is a plate which the retaining bolt goes through that has an offset hole.

My mate convinced me the gun had been set up for a leftie, I know the previous owner was a lefty so again that made sense.

Now the question is how should that offset plate be placed i.e. optios are 10, 2 4 or 8 o'clock if that makes sense ?

I am a right handed 6ft 4" heavy build ex number 8.....any suggestions for starting point ?

Thanks again and in those3 immortal words 'I'll be back.........'...lol

Bl**dy infectious this clay shooting business.....lol

Dave B

P.S. Was so proud that I manged to strip the gun clean it and get it back together with no left over bits !

HI,

I can help you out with a pint or two Peter, I have changed the John Smiths for Tetley Smooth and added a pool table recently, but here's my favourite room in the house......lol:

Picture003.jpg

Thanks again and will see you this Sat and Sun, the wife will be checking tha car park to make sure I am not telling porkies ........lol

Just altered the stock as you suggested and feels much better, I can now see all the way down the rib without breaking my neck !!!

Dave B

• 2 weeks later...

went today for the first time and this place is exellent . a big thank you to daveb916, peter peter , and the rest of the guys a great bunch and all willing to help and advise , put my first 50 carts through my gun hit 15 :good: (shotgun newbie ) looking forward to the next shoot . thanks guys

Good to see you Paul, yep they are a nice bunch of guys and always willing to help or advise.

Bl**dy addictive this shooting business.....lol

There is shooting this Sat and Sun close to here if you fancy it ?

Contact Peter-Peter for details.

Cheers

Dave B