Gun history

Imperfection

Sorry for another post about proof marks,but after spending quite sometime searching on here and the web-i've still got a few questions,but i do have photos!

The gun in question is my Lanber O/U 12g.

I know the 2nd & 3rd symbols are Spanish proof marks,but what is the first?

HPIM1264.jpg

Close up.

HPIM1267.jpg

What do these mean? I know the stars are chokes (1 star full choke & 3 star half),but what is the 16 10?

HPIM1274.jpg

What does I.G mean? I know the 186136 is the serial number and the 12-76 bore & chamber size.

HPIM1270.jpg

I was intrested to know when it was made.

The CH one with the crossed flags is on used since 1929 Eibar reinforced smokeless proof for shotgun barrels

see https://store.bluebookinc.com/Info/PDF/Fire.../Proofmarks.pdf

this link is the proof marks shown will assist in determining nationality of manufacturers when

no other markings are evident. Since the U.S. has no proofing houses (as in England, France,

Germany and other European countries), most U.S. manufacturers voluntarily proof their

firearms with a specifed style of proofmark (i.e. the interlocked ©WPª synonymous with the

Winchester trademark can be fired using modern smokeless powder) shells. Pre-1850 European

firearms oftentimes do not exhibit any commercial proof marks and, with the exception

of an occasional barrel address, they represent the single hardest bracket of firearms one can

research properly. Captured weapons from major wars occasionally show two different

nationalities of proof marks. This is acceptable since the gun was proofed in a national proof

house after original manufacture and again when the gun was exported to a different country

as a military acquisition. Please refer to the References section in this text for proof mark

source information.

Hope this helps you

ah-thank you all for your help.It makes sense now that the first symbol would have been the actual proving house.I'd still like to know how old it is though and is I.G any sort of clue?

Something else i was curious to know-is it safe for me to fire 36g BB cartridges? Ordinarily i'd opt for my semi,but the Lanber patterns well despite being tightly choked (3/4 & full),but it dont have the Fleur de leyes which causes me some concern.