TX200 - bipod/shooting sticks?

ajb403

Having just acquired an AA TX200 (ie an underlever) one thing that hadn't occurred to me was how to attach a bipod to the rifle, it can't clamp to the barrel since the under lever is in the way and it can't go on the underside of the stock (except for very far back) due to the travel of the underlever.

So what do other underlever shooters do - clamp one of these bipods ( http://www.ronniesunshines.com/rifle-bipod-p-272.html ) to the underlever? Use shooting sticks? Or do you just use a convenient post when available and just hold it the rest of the time?

Edited by ajb403

Having just acquired an AA TX200 (ie an underlever) one thing that hadn't occurred to me was how to attach a bipod to the rifle, it can't clamp to the barrel since the under lever is in the way and it can't go on the underside of the stock (except for very far back) due to the travel of the underlever.

So what do other underlever shooters do - clamp one of these bipods ( http://www.ronniesunshines.com/rifle-bipod-p-272.html ) to the underlever? Use shooting sticks? Or do you just use a convenient post when available and just hold it the rest of the time?

I would recommend using that sort of bi-pod to an underleaver rather than the fixed-barrel sort.

The reason for this is that a fixed bipod will get stuck when you attemped to cock the gun, where as, the simple spring design (though a bit wobbly) can be eaisly placed on after cocking.

You can take shoot sticks with you if you wish - I see no good reason why not.

Other than that, work on your fieldcraft and try to lay down for prone shots without spooking your quarry.

hi ajb, you should not use a bipod with a springer because of the recoil

a springer needs to be cushioned by your hand in a lighthold under the stock, i use a monopod as i have described, resting a springer on any hard surface without cushioning with your hand will result in loss of accuracy, also make sure you follow through

ie keep the barrel on target until pellet strikes the target, any help needed pls feel free to pm me.

atb brian

you should not use a bipod with a springer because of the recoil...i use a monopod as i have described

Was not aware of that, thank you. So when you use a monopod (essentially a stick with a flat top?) you just rest your supporting hand on it to steady it? Basic question I know but if you don't ask you'll never find out! Cheers.