Waterproof Leather Country boots

Thinking about getting some of these, when taking the dog for a walk etc, was looking at the Dubarry ones, then saw the price!!!!!!

Noticed that Sherwood do a "Furlong" at a more reasonable price, has anyone got these and how do you rate them, or do I bite the bullet and pay twice the price for the dubarry ones.

Also do any other companies make a similar boot??? and if so whats the price and recommendations

Cheers

Alan

I have seen the sherwood boots, and they look the bees knees but have never worn them. At game fairs i have seen countless Dubarry style boots. I have wondered if it is a case of you get what you pay for. This is in the same way in wellies, you can pay £15 for a pair of dunlop wellies or £300 for leather lined full zip Le Chameau. Having a pair of Dubarry boots myself which i wear most days, they are they dog's ******** in both looks and practicality. They are very warm with out getting your feet to hot, far more comfortable than wellies and more easy to get on and off as well as looking better. Although the price does make you shudder if they last you a good few years (as i hope mine will) then they will not seem as much especially when you can spend in excess of £300 in Chameau wellies. But thats just my opinion.

George

Dubarry boots are definitely the choice of the 'county set' that I see picking up.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is a certain amount of fashion about them and people would argue you don't need fashion in the field and all that but that debate has been done in the past week, anyway like i said i have a pair and love them :hmm: i got them christmas and never intend to go back to the normal rubber wellies again (i find them far more comfy and practical but thats me), also if you are looking at a pair look at Musto and Chameau they also do leather wellington boot type thing although they are around the same price.

George

my wife has had a pair of dubarry boots for over 3 years worn almost daily for dog walking.the way the boots are wearing,i think she will probably get at least another 3 years before the soles give out,that looks like good value to me[might even be able to get them resoled] :good::yes::lol:

my friend who had two pairs of dubarry boots used to swear by them until he found that the stiching came apart and they were less than waterproof after less than a year. He then moved onto the old hunter leather wellies (which I also have) and found them to be much better, although again he found they started leaking after a few months. He now has lechemau ruber ones which he finds more durable.

That being said, i love my leather hunter ones. Very warm and comfortable.

Having bought 2 pairs of Musto Bucden leather boots both have leaked after only 2 months , that is 1pair and the replacement pair. they looked good, were like wearing gloves they were so comfortable but you got wet feet .You have to say the clothing is better than the boots which are imported from CHINA