travel sickness

teal27

Hi all, could any one suggest anything i can give to my 9 month old lab/springer cross to stop her from being sick in the car?

She can only travel 10 minutes in the car then she starts to saliver everywhere before shes sick, even on an empty stomach,

:good:

My springer was terrible for this when we first got her. We found the ginger based dog travel sickness tablets you can get in pet stores were pretty good. Think I might have upped to dose for longer journeys, shoudnt do any harm, tis only ginger extract.

The hound should get over it after a while.......well mine has.

I had this with my eldest springer, but i just took her for short drives until she got use to travelling....but never had the problem with my other springer.

The lab as always been fine unless he decided to drink the sea water at the beach :good:

Dont know if this will work with dogs but.

years ago my son was always sick on car journeys, so a friend told me to invest in an anti static strip, you have seen them like a black strip of rubber hanging down at the rear of the car, I thought it was a bit off the wall but hey I will try anything once, so off to Halfords bought one said nowt to my son to keep the experiment controlled, he was never sick again!.

make of it what you will....