Info from Countryside Alliance....

hi,

this arrived in the last CA newsletter....thought i best put it up for info and attention of any shooting business owners....

If you run a clay shoot, gun club, shooting event or any shooting-related business you must respond. If you think that it is simply wrong that someone cannot advertise a clay shoot on local radio because this is deemed as offensive as advertising a brothel then you should respond. To respond to the consultation, go to asa.org.uk/cap and go to the Consultations section to find the BCAP Code Review Consultations. Answer questions 55 and 56. Please send your response to BCAPcodereview@cap.org.uk no later than Friday 19 June. Read the Countryside Alliance's response to the consultation.

In case anyone is struggling to find the page and document referred to in the previous post, the page is BCAP Code Review consultation and the document is further down the page, under the heading Responding to this consultation.

Note the use of the term "offensive weapons" in question 55. Personally I find this term abhorrent.

Also note in question 56 the exception to allow advertising of clay pigeon shoots, but only as part of a "wider range of outdoor pursuits". This means that any shooting ground that shoots clays exclusively would not be able to advertise unless they offer another form of country pursuit. Why would it be seen to be morally correct to shoot clays as long as you do some whittling after?

If I've got the wrong end of the stick, let me know.