Permission owner has given me a range

So the permission owner is happy with my work so has allowed me to make an indoor'ish range to practice on.

Here is the footage;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTN6xZwDRSY

You have to bare in mind that at night I go Full on IR night shooting so set myself up for 20m Zero. I just walk up to rabbits slowly, they have no idea about what is going to happen at all. They dont even hear the rifle as it has a supurb silencer.

Carbon

• 2 weeks later...
Carbon, you have some pretty good vids and shooting equipment. Would be good to see you in action when out on the bunnies.

BTW, how did you come by your permission?

Hi,

I have shot springers for a while now, targets and plinking.

I had a look at the rat shooting vids on U Tube mainly from Snypercat and snipertaffy?

Then I wanted to go into night shooting so went the way of IR so bought a Yukon unit. I started shooting rats at my work permissions and a couple of tractor drivers started telling me about masses of rats where they take our waste.

So I asked them to tell the owner that I will hit the rats for him.

At the time I bought two PCP's an AAS410 and a BSA Ultra. The Ultra was shifting rats like no tomorrow.

They spoke to the farmer and gave me his number after telling him about me.

He wanted rats rid so come along and have a go with instructions.

I was luck in that there is a Pheasant shoot on the property. The owner spoke to the man running the shoot who is actually a man who's company I use for Stainless fabrications, he asked about me and the word was good. I then spoke to the phesant shooters and assured them that I was good and no Phesants would be done.

So I blatted loads of rats, one night I was driving home on the private farm roads and a bloke stopped me in a tractor - who are you what you doing here etc.. So I was nice and polite explained all. Oh thats my brother, I have some rat problems, come have a look. So that was another barn and immediate surrounding area.

Well I did a good job for him as well, then he says - my asparagus field is being attacted by rabbits fancy a go? Yes in deed was the response so an 18 acres field opened up with another 4 acres of entry paddock. He caught me at 10:30 carrying a head shot rabbit in a pan flat field pitch black and was quite happy. After a few weeks and many bunnies/rats. He asks how do you fancy ferrals in grain barns? Sure I will have a good go at them and wiped a lot out one evening - A LOT!!!The Phesant shoot owner allowed me to shoot penns and feeders for rats (off season).

So now I have almost an open license on 600acres for small vermin.

I report to them all before going and report all I see and shoot.

My other shoot I was chatting to a chap in a shop and he mentioned he owned an orchard. I asked if he had any barns? No why do you ask? I shoot rats with Infra red gear. Well he states I have a rabbit problem on an orchard fancy a go? Not half, so 18 acres of new apple plantation with hundreds of rabbits. Now I have not got time for everything so bought in a friend to help on the orchard with the owners permission.

Its great, even if nothing shows itself I have the day and night shooting of a huge area, a pleasure to wander around. My permission owners are the tops, bloody nice guys.

As for shooting with the vid on the scope I do it but dont like to. I am not as accurate with the vid on but will post in the future some perfect misses and some great kills.

Cheers

Carbon

:yes: Carbon if you fell into some pooh you would come up smelling of roses :yes:

I think I would :)

I have been lucky with a recomendation and an 'I can do that'.

But, I have a permission I have my eye on with loads of bunnys. Its gonna be a cold call and I have a secret weapon. In the next two weeks I will approach the land owner with my cards. If it works or not I will inform you all, I think it will. Gotta be positive, have a decent color printer, a folder and personality.

Fingers crossed. :yes:

Carbon

• 9 months later...