F.A.C APPLICATION...

smig4373

After a long wait for a reply to my F.A.C,I had call today from the FEO saying that they had lost my application at force headquarters in exeter...Well,to say i was a little ****** off was an understatement....The hours of trawling around chasing farmers and landowners up to get references and land/permission letters seemed to all for nothing...He said that HQ had sent it to him on May 7th but he had no record of it arriving,And i would have to re-do the whole application form,including all the references etc.....i was just saying my goodbyes when he said "Hold on,HQ are on the phone...."...Turns out...that they never actually sent it,but sent a letter to Notts constabulary to get all my records from when i was abit naughty..( a long time ago)...and they'd got messed up with which letter they'd sent....anyway..after all that...they've found my application form sat on a clerks desk at HQ.....RELIEF...,And just to rub salt in the wounds....He's going on holiday for 3 weeks from tomorrow..All sent to test us i s'pose.....Any body else had bother with there applications.....

sure have,about 12 years ago,got my reminder sent it back the following day with all the rellavent paper work and fees.plenty of time they had over a month to process it.time passed and with 10 days to go phoned them to check up on it,no worries she says were a little behind but you,ll get it in time.3 days to go still no ticket.phoned again.it,s going out tomorrow she says don,t worry you are covered.the day after it runs out i,ve still not got my ticket so phoned again,can,t get through this time.so thinks i,ll give them a couple of days and if it,s not come i,ll take a run down to there office in person.the following day i get a visit from a rather unpleasent police seargant and a contabule about me having an unlicenced shotgun in my pocession.explained what was happening but he did not want to now as in the eyes of the law i was breaking the law.he saye he will do me a favour and not arrest me but will have to read me my rights and confiscate my gun and all my cartridges.i had to insist on a reciept for them as he did not want to give me one.then it,s what do you need a gun for,how long have you had a licence.explained that i use a gun at work for vermin control.to me it,s like a spade or a tractor.anyway he left,he returned later that day with my gun and ammo saying he had cleared it with his inspector and no further action will be taken because the firearms office had told him they had my renewal papers.two officers a full day wasted when a phone call would have cleared it up.g.m.p have employed civilians to run the firearms office taking the resposability from the police.

A few years ago, the police sent back my firearm certificate, after a variation was added, and I never received it. They sent it 2nd class. They 'insisted' that I check with Royal Mail regarding the missing documents, but I said that the onus was on them.

After a few weeks delay, I finally received my certificate.

never send your original permission slips to the police,allways send copy's,they will accept them,then youve allways got your permission,and dont have to bother the farmers till you renew,same goes for carrying permission letters wilst your shooting.copys...